- Search by Dewey Call Number
- | How to Use the Library Catalog |
Dewey Call Number Search ONLY checks for the following materials:
If you are on the SJSU Library Catalog main page, Click on OTHER
Then click on Dewey Call Number
You will see a empty text box followed by a Search button:
1. Click inside the text box once, then Type as much of the Dewey Call Number as you know, not including the prefix: juv.
Use of capital or lower case letters does not affect the search.
a. Typing in the exact call number will single out the exact book you are searching for,
b. If you want a list of nearby items on the shelf, type in fewer numbers. Since call numbers are catagorized under similar subject matters, the fewer the numbers the broader the subject,
2. Click on the Search button.
The Online Catalog will search and display a list of items with the matching call numbers.
3. Select a promising title from the list.
Clicking on a TITLE link will bring you to the Online Catalog Screen for that particular item.
4. See Sample Book Screen for more details.
- Most juvenile literature are located on the 2nd Floor of Clark Library.
- For juvenille fiction, Search by Local Call Number.
For more information on related topics, See:
Search by Dewey Call Number Now
This page maintained by Information
Literacy Competence Program /Judy Reynolds email@example.com
Updated 15 January 2002 SJSU Library Webmaster